Big Universe is an engaging online reading and writing community for grades pre-K through 8. This award-winning, student-centered website provides a large library of leveled online nonfiction and fiction, an online writing and publishing tool, a safe bookshelf-sharing community and many supporting tools such as reading logs and more. All these features inspire students-whether reluctant, advanced or English language learner (ELL)-to read, write and learn anytime, anywhere, while providing educators the necessary tools to differentiate instruction, teach balanced literacy and track student progress.
Read Books Online
- Expand your library with thousands stunning nonfiction and fiction books covering all subjects for pre-K through 8.
- Lexile®, AR ATOS™, Fountas & Pinnell, and DRA leveled books from 24 publishers are perfect for differentiated instruction
- Assign books to students, use for independent/shared reading or assess comprehension with quizzes.
- Use with interactive whiteboards or computers in media centers, labs, classrooms, home, and elsewhere
Write and Publish Online
- Engaging online writing and publishing tool inspires students to write.
- Use for creative writing, book responses, reports, independent/shared writing, writing workshops, or author share sessions.
- Books can be printed, privately published to teachers and/or published by an adult for everyone to see
- Use our large picture library or your own images.
To watch video testimonials from teachers and librarians that use Big Universe, click here.
To read a success story about Big Universe, click here (PDF, opens in new tab).
If you would like additional information about Big Universe or if you would like to purchase Big Universe for your schools, please contact Kylie McGee at firstname.lastname@example.org or (615) 312-6083.