Customer Support Engineer, ENA
Thomas Campbell, a lifelong Nashvillian, began working with ENA in 2015 with a background in information technology. In his spare time, he enjoys computer games, karaoke, and spending time with his wife and kids.
1. How long have you been with ENA, and from where did you join us?
I joined up with ENA in December 2015. My previous job was with Keystone Business Solutions, which is an IT company that handles the technology needs of local businesses.
2. Pretend I’ve never heard of ENA. How would you describe your job?
My job at ENA is essentially to be the equivalent of Tier 1, 2, and sometimes even 3 support for all of our ENA products. This can run the gamut from something as straightforward as replacing a phone to hunting down rogue wireless networks and devices.
3. What’s your favorite thing about working at ENA?
I love learning about such a wide range of products and removing technical obstacles for customers. It is pretty satisfying to know things are running smoothly for an individual (or entire school) thanks to one’s efforts.
4. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve either learned or noticed since you joined ENA?
I’ve really enjoyed learning more about the command-line interface (CLI) in our Cisco equipment. It gives me a bit of nostalgia for the DOS days of my childhood.
5. Outside of work, what do you think has been/will be the highlight of the year for you? (i.e. A vacation you’re going on/went on, a movie you’re looking forward to, getting married, etc.)
The highlight of my year will most certainly be the birth of our daughter Nora, who is due in early July.
6. What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Anything computer related is my primary interest, but outside of that I enjoy reading and karaoke.
7. Being a native Nashvillian, music must play an important role in your life. What bands and/or artists are in heavy rotation on your playlist?
I’m more of an individual song rather than an artist person, but if pressed, I enjoy Leon Bridges, Pharrell Williams, Hosier, and Telecommunicators.